Transferring photos and videos from iPhone to other devices in the same Apple ecosystem has always been convenient and easy with the AirDrop feature. However, this can be more complicated if you use a third-party device such as a Windows desktop or laptop.
Use Microsoft Photo Transfer
This is the easiest way to transfer videos from iPhone to PC as you don’t need to install an app or set up a cloud storage platform.
According to Microsoft, every Windows PC or laptop has a built-in Photos app that allows users to use the port to transfer photos and videos from other devices. All you need is a Lightning cable with the correct USB connector to plug it into your computer.
1. Unlock your iPhone.
2. Plug the Lightning cable into your iPhone and the other end into your PC.
3. When the screen displays “Allow this device to access photos and videos?”, tap Allow.
4. On your PC, open the Start menu and select the Photos application.
5. Click Import and select “From connected device”.
6. In the “Choose a device to import from” section, select the word from your iPhone.
It may take a few minutes for your PC to read the photos and videos on your iPhone. Once done, it will display the media files on your phone. Select the videos to import and choose where to save them on your PC. Finally, click “Import Selected” on the screen and your PC will import the selected files in a few minutes.
Transfer using File Explorer
Another way to import videos from iPhone to PC is to use Windows Explorer or File Explorer. To perform this method, you need a USB data cable.
1. Connect iPhone to PC with a USB cable.
2. On your iPhone, tap Allow when asked to allow picture and video sharing with connected devices.
3. Open This PC on your computer and find your iPhone name under “Devices and Drivers”.
4. Right-click on your iPhone and select “Import Photos and Videos”.
5. Wait a few minutes for the PC to find the photos and videos on your iPhone.
6. Select View, Sort, and Group Items to Import. Click Next.
7. Select the videos you want to import and click “Import” to transfer them from iPhone to PC.
Alternatively, you can tap your iPhone name under Devices and Drivers, then tap Internal Storage and select DCIM. There, you’ll find pictures and videos on your iPhone stored in different folders. Select the images and videos you need, copy them, and paste them into the desired folder on your PC.
Transfer using iCloud
For this method, you need to have iCloud set up on your iPhone and Windows PC with the same Apple ID. You’ll then upload all the videos from your iPhone to iCloud and download them to your PC.
First, you need to open Settings > [tên của bạn] > iCloud > Photos and turn on iCloud Photos to upload all photos and videos to iCloud. However, the free version of iCloud only offers 5 GB of cloud storage, so you may need to subscribe to iCloud+ if you want to transfer a lot of large videos. The iCloud+ 200 GB plan costs USD 2.99 (approximately VND 85,000) per month. Additionally, you’ll need to take some steps:
1. Open the Microsoft Store on your PC and download iCloud for Windows.
2. Open iCloud for Windows and sign in with the same Apple ID you use on your iPhone.
3. You’ll see a list of iCloud features. choose a photo.
4. Click the Options button next to the photo.
5. Select iCloud Photos and Shared Albums on the following screen and click Done.
6. Click Apply in the lower right corner of the iCloud window.
Once set up, you’ll see iCloud Photos as an option in File Explorer’s quick access panel. Tap iCloud Photos to access your library of photos and videos uploaded from iPhone. You can then download and view the content on your PC.
Transfer using Google Drive or Dropbox
In addition to iCould, you can also use a similar cloud storage app, Google Drive, to transfer videos from your iPhone to your PC. Depending on the storage available on your account, you can upload a video from your iPhone to Google Drive and access it on your PC.
For free users, Google Drive offers up to 15 GB of cloud space. However, if you have larger data needs, you can also sign up for Google One, which offers 100GB of online storage for $1.99 (~57,000 VND) per month.
1. Download Google Drive on your iPhone.
2. Sign in with your Google account.
3. Select Files in the lower right corner of the screen.
4. Click the plus icon.
5. Select Folder if you want to create a new folder to add multiple files, or select Upload to upload a single video.
6. Click Allow access to all photos and select the videos you want to access on your PC.
7. Once the video is uploaded, open Google Drive on your PC via web browser and log in with the same Google account. Select a video and download it.
You can also use a free data transfer service such as WeTransfer, which allows you to upload videos to your iPhone and download them to your PC via shareable links.